Account Naming, Pruning, and First Post Policy

Meta-Forum Policy Discussion
Forum rules
Aim to be respectful. Debate is fine, but personal attacks are prohibited. Nothing illegal (but discussion of illegal activities is fine). Try to stay on topic. No spam. Have fun.

Account Naming, Pruning, and First Post Policy

Postby othercourt » Fri Feb 13, 2009 2:45 pm

It has become necessary to begin an official account naming policy. Essentially, the rule is, if I can't figure out how to pronounce it, and/or it doesn't look like a human name, the account will probably deleted. If the name looks like a spambot, well, there you go... Unless an account name looks severely out of hand, I'll probably let it sit for a little while. If no human-like posts come from the account, then I'll get rid of it. However, if your human nature has become apparent (or you can convince me that you are an actual human person), you can use pretty much any kind of account name you want. Which brings us to...

First posts from all new accounts are now moderated. Yes, this is a pain. Sadly, this is necessary. If you post something that makes you look like a person, you'll be given regular posting privileges and this filter will be removed. Also, you will be exempt from the naming policy rule.

So...

If you'd like to join the Forums, it is in your *best interest* (although not entirely necessary) to have a human-sounding name. You can get around this by promptly posting to a Forum. I suggest a quick "hello" in Introductions, but it's up to you.

Your posting will then be approved, and you will be allowed in to mingle with the general population.

Thank you for your understanding.
Creator and Publisher of Other Court Games

http://www.othercourt.com
othercourt

Re: Account Naming, Pruning, and First Post Policy

Postby scholar99 » Fri Mar 27, 2009 9:08 pm

I am a person, we've hung out:p
scholar99

Re: Account Naming, Pruning, and First Post Policy

Postby othercourt » Sat Mar 28, 2009 3:06 pm

I know, sillies. I had your account in the unmoderated pile.

-a-
Creator and Publisher of Other Court Games

http://www.othercourt.com
othercourt

Return to Forum Rules (Read This First)